Well, I have been sick for the last two weeks and have not felt like being creative one bit which is why my posting has been non-existent. But now I am feeling better, and I’ve got a few projects lined up for the week.
When Chrissie was here last time she brought me several more crochet hooks, which means I can now do a lot more crocheting! I have been eyeing a crochet pattern for a very cute bumblebee for awhile but just needed a smaller hook. I sat down last Saturday and went to work.
First I crocheted the body and stuffed with polyester filling:
Then I made each leg, both wings, and both feelers separately and sewed them all on:
I think it turned out quite well! He still needs some eyes and a mouth but it’s a work in progress. I also think I am going to try to put something in the bottom to make him stand up better. He’s really easy to knock over right now, and I don’t think I like it. But all in all, I am satisfied.
adapted from here
Hook: 3.75mm (F)
Yarn: 1 skein bright yellow (I used a duller yellow here because it was all I had), white, black
HEAD AND BODY
-With yellow, ch 2
1. 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook
2. 2 sc in each sc around (12 sc)
3. *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc* 6 times (18 sc)
4. *sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc* 6 times (24 sc)
5. *sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc* 6 times (30 sc)
6-12. sc in each sc around
13. *dec* 15 times (15)
14. *sc in next 3 sc, dec* 3 times (12 sc)
15. *inc* 12 times (24 sc)
16-17. sc in each sc around. Stuff Head
18-21. With black, sc in each sc around
22-24. With yellow, sc in each sc around
25. *dec* 12 times (12 sc)
26. *dec* 6 times (6 sc). Fasten off. Stuff.
– With white, ch 2
1. sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next ch, hdc in next 2 ch, dc in next ch, 6 dc in last ch; working on opposite side of ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next 2 ch, sc in last 2 ch; turn.
2. ch 1, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, dc in next st, 2 dc in each of next 6 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, sc in last 2 sts; turn.
3. ch 1, slip st in each st around. Fasten off.
– With black, ch 7; 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, slip st in last 5 ch. Fasten off.
– With black, ch 10; slip st in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off.
Now I am off to inventory all of my yarn stock and decide what to make next!